You can follow this article to install the macOS Blackpoint SNAP-Defense agent to your customer network using Addigy. We've broken down the installation into the following steps:
- Copying the SNAP Agent URL
- Deploying the agent using Addigy
- Verify Mac Agent Deployed successfully.
- Your Mac Must be Running macOS 10.15 or later
Copying the Mac Agent URL
- From theBlackpoint Partner Portal, navigate to the Blackpoint Add-Ons Portal.
From the customer switcher, select the customer for Mac agent deployment.
Navigate to Install and Deploy from the navigation menu in the Blackpoint Add-Ons Portal.
Download macOS Setup Script.
Deploying the agent using Addigy
Log into Addigy and navigate to Catalog on the left-hand menu bar and then click software.
On the Smart Software tab click New.
In the Software name field enter a meaningful name associated with the customer you are installing the agent on. For example; Demo – Blackpoint Mac Agent, where Demo is the name of the customer.
Scroll Down to the Installation Script section. In this box, you will paste the contents of the shell script you downloaded in the previous section.
Open the .sh file in a text editor to view the contents. Copy all the contents of the .sh file and paste them into the Installation Script box. (Note: You may need to use CTRL+V to paste into Addigy.)
Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Save button
Navigate to Policies on the left-hand menu and then select the Policy that is associated with the customer you wish to deploy to.
Navigate to the Software tab on the left menu. Check the box next to the Smart Software package that you created in the previous steps followed by the Add/Remove found directly above the check box. Once clicked a popup will appear, click Add to policy from the drop-down to add it to the policy.
The policy Smart Software package will now show “In policy” in green. Click the Deploy Now button in the top right corner to push the changes to the setting immediately. Addigy will now begin to install the agent on the machines in this policy.
Verify deployment has been successful;
- Open SNAP-Defense in your web browser
- Select Customer using the drop-down selection list
- Navigate to the "Collection" menu in SNAP-Defense and confirm your Mac shows in the device list Additionally, you can navigate to the "Network" menu and ensure the device shows in the network map
- Additionally, navigate to the “Network” menu to check if the device shows in the network map