One of the powerful features of the Addigy Self Service app is that end-users may download software on an individual basis. To make software items available to your end-users, first, follow the setup steps for a Self Service item within Addigy from our article Creating a Self Service Item.
Adding Software to Self Service
In this example, we will be making Google Chrome and the 1Password available to all users in the Addigy Policy via the Addigy Self Service application.
- Navigate to Policies
- Click the name of the Policy >> Self Service >> Assignments
- Find the app(s) that you would like to make available to your end-users, click the checkbox, click the Add/Remove button and then Add to Self Service. This will send the software to the Self Service application for end-users to install.
A message will appear notifying you of the successful change. Below you will see an example of how software will appear in the Self Service application.
Additionally, you may push different versions of the same software to the Self Service application by doing the following:
- Navigate to Policies >> Self Service >> Assignments.
- Find the app version that you'd like to enable for Self Service.
- Click the checkbox next to the software title, click the Add/Remove button, and click Add to Self Service.