This article contains some reported issues with Apple M1 Devices that are currently being investigated. There are also some links attached to some of the issues to serve as additional information.
List of Reported Issues
- There are new security requirements and limitations around Software Updates/Kernel Extensions right now on M1/Silicon Devices. We discuss these limitations in Kernel Extensions and Software Updates Warning on Apple Silicon.
- There are known issues with Device Lock no longer being supported on M1/Silicon. Device Lock will no longer restrict the user from accessing the device in its RecoveryOS as the Recovery Partition is now removed from these devices. (Apple Silicon Lock Command) NOTE: Apple added this feature back in macOS 11.5.
- Rosetta is not pre-installed on M1/Silicon Devices.
- Rosetta may be removed from the device during System Updates.
- Software Updates may prompt for User Authentication now.
- On specific versions of Big Sur, Software Updates may not work: Some Big Sur users are unable to update macOS due to an MDM bug.
- Third-party software should be validated vigorously, here is a great link for checking some of your software, note; compatibility does not mean without existing reports: Is Apple Silicon Ready?