In the Add Devices page of the Addigy portal, you have two main choices to download Addigy to the device:
1. Install via MDM (Recommended for macOS Mojave (10.14.0) and newer)
2. Install via Agent (Recommended for macOS High Sierra (10.13.0) and older)
Install via MDM
In order to install a device with MDM, you will first need to set up an Apple Push certificate. Using MDM, Devices can be enrolled using 3 different methods:
1. Automated Device Enrollment - Setting up zero-touch deployment of MDM to device
2. Device Enrollment - Download the Enrollment .mobileconfig directly or copy the link to the Download, as well as you can also use a QR code.
3. User Enrollment (BYOD) - A limited enrollment for personal devices.
Install via Agent
1. Install with Package - This will download the .PKG installer for the agent. Instructions for end-user provided below.
2. Install with Terminal - This will curl the download link and install the agent via commands. This can work silently if you have an existing remote-ssh tool or remote access to the device.
Download your organization's .pkg installer using the Distribution URL option.
This will require administrator-level privilege to run our .pkg installer, like most applications that use a PKG it is a small wizard walk-through to install the local Addigy Agent.
MDM can be installed afterward using the +MDM button in the Actions column. Keep in mind this method will require User Approval for the MDM Enrollment Profile and is no longer supported by Apple on macOS Big Sur.
Use the Single command-line install option.
This will use root privileges to install the Addigy Agent via terminal. It can work silently if you have an existing remote-ssh tool or remote access to the device. This runs a terminal command to install the Addigy Agent .PKG into your specific organization.
MDM would need to be installed thereafter silently and would require user approval.
Use the MDM Profile option.
For general questions about configuring MDM, see our article Addigy Mobile Device Management (MDM) Integration. This will require an administrator username and password when trying to initially install and approve the '.mobileconfig' file after accessing the MDM enrollment link.
This will also subsequently install the Addigy Agent silently if the device is a macOS Device.
This bypasses the requirement for User Approved MDM as the Device will have manually installed the MDM Profile or it's installed via Automated Device Enrollment which does this automatically.
Removing Addigy from a Device
If you would like information on how to remove a device from Addigy, check out our other Knowledge Base article: