Policies are the core framework within the Addigy platform for managing deployments to groups of devices and can be Created, Configured, Deployed, and Deleted.
Note: Policies have a hierarchical inheritance, which means most items and settings added to Parent Policies will trickle down to the Child Policies. For more information on the Hierarchy of Policies, check out our KB on Understanding the Policy Hierarchy.
1. From the Policies page, click New Policy at the top of the page.
2. To differentiate the Policy from others, set a Color and an Icon.
3. In the Create Policy popup enter a Name for the Policy.
4. Choose whether you want this policy to be a:
A. Child Policy, by selecting a Parent Policy.
B. Parent Policy, by selecting None.
5. When complete, click the Save button.