If you manage multiple organizations in your Addigy environment, you can upload and manage multiple Apple Push Notification service (APNs) Certificates to stay in compliance with Apple's MDM Terms of Service which requires that all managed organizations have their own Apple Push Notification service (APNs) Certificate by using policy-level MDM Enrollment Profiles.
Note: If you set up an MDM Enrollment Profile inside of a parent policy, it will inherit to all child and grandchild policies.
- Created an Apple Push Notification service (APNs) Certificate
- Created a Policy
Setting Up The MDM Enrollment Profile
- From the Policies page, select a policy and click the Settings section.
- Click the MDM Enrollment Profile section.
- Enter a Display Name, a Company Name, and a Description for the MDM Enrollment Profile.
Note: These fields will be visible to end-users in System Preferences (macOS) and Settings (iOS) when the profile gets installed.
- Select an Apple Push Notification service (APNs) Certificate from the dropdown list, and click Save Profile when you're satisfied with these fields.
Now, new devices that enroll in Addigy MDM via this policy will be enrolled using the Apple Push Notification service (APNs) Certificate you assigned to it.
You can repeat this process to enable different Apple Push Notification service (APNs) Certificates for different policies.
Note: Apple sends notices to the email that was used to create the MDM Certificates when 30, 7, and 1 day remain before the certificate expires: APN Certificates and Apple Business/School Manager Notifications