Occasionally, communication between Addigy and Apple’s Automated Device Enrollment service (part of Apple Business/School Manager) can be interrupted. This article will explain the main causes for this and how to remediate broken communication.
Updates to Apple Software License Agreement
Major operating system releases to macOS, iOS, or tvOS can trigger updates to Apple’s Software License Agreement. This usually occurs with major point revisions and will require the administrator to login to Apple Business/School Manager and accept the new Terms of Service. Once accepted, communication between Addigy and Automated Device Enrollment can resume.
- Navigate to the Policies page, select a policy, and select the Settings section.
- Select the Automated Device Enrollment tab where you have loaded your Automated Device Enrollment Token. You should see a message similar to the following. Then click Retry.
- When the error has cleared, scroll down to Automated Enrollment Devices and press the "Scan Now" button.
For more information about Terms of Service updates from Apple, please review their support document: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203063
If a major release has not occurred recently or updated terms have been accepted, a service interruption may be occurring. This can usually be attributed to a temporary interruption due to upgrades in software or servers. Below are links to Apple and Addigy status pages.
Apple System Status: https://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/
For Apple, verify that the following services are green:
Apple Business Manager or Apple School Manager
Device Enrollment Program
iOS Device Activation
Addigy System Status: https://status.addigy.com
For Addigy, verify that the following services are operational:
Addigy MDM Service
Addigy Cloud Interface
Unsubscribing to Email Alerts
Addigy will continuously remind you of the importance of updating your token if you have not done so already, In order to discontinue the emails you must do one of the following things:
- Remove the DEP token from Addigy
- Approve the ToS in Apple Business/School Manager