Since Addigy LiveTerminal provides the highest level of console access to your Mac devices, we heavily prioritized the security of its design.
These are some of the security mechanisms put in place to ensure the security/integrity of Addigy LiveTerminal and its tunneled sessions:
- An encrypted public/private key pair is generated for each session that is removed at the expiration of the session.
- The session is validated using the client’s and agent’s Addigy credentials to verify that they are on authorized Addigy machines.
- A secondary public and private secret are passed to the server and agent to be verified upon establishing a connection.
- An AddigySSH user is hidden from all UI options and home directories so the user is essentially a ghost and will not disturb any other users on the agent. (home directory is located at /var/AddigySSH)
- A random 32 character UUID4 is generated as the password during the creation of the AddigySSH user ensuring no password is the same from device to device and will be extremely secure.
- The AddigySSH user is added as a sudoer in the /private/etc/sudoers.d/AddigySSH-perm file, which is pointed to from the /etc/sudoers file in order to ensure that the file is not modified in any way.
Enabling Addigy LiveTerminal
- Enable the Addigy LiveTerminal Integration on the Account Integrations page.
- Once enabled globally, LiveTerminal can be disabled for select policies on the Policies -> Integrations section. Parent policies override this setting for any child policy. If LiveTerminal is enabled in the parent policy, it will be enabled in all children, even if LiveTerminal is disabled in the child policy.
- AddigySSH will not be enabled on a device until it has run through its policy instructions. You can queue any policy's deployment manually from the Policies section.
- Launch LiveTerminal from the Devices page or from any device's detail page (GoLive).
Trouble Shooting Addigy LiveTerminal
In the event that LiveTerminal is unresponsive or failing to load, please see Troubleshooting Addigy LiveTerminal.