Improvements in progress! We are redesigning the Smart Software form in several ways. Learn more and send comments
Whether you're new to Addigy, new to MDM, or not an experienced scripter, creating a Smart Software item can be tough at first. This how-to serves as your guide to create Smart Software .pkg items!
Creating Smart Software
- Navigate to Catalog > Software > Smart Software > New.
- Name your Smart Software and add a Version.
- Navigate to File Manager by clicking Select File(s), and upload your .pkg file.
- Once uploaded, select that item to be added to the Smart Software item.
- Now that a file is selected, the auto-fill option can be used to create the Installation Command. This can be found under the Install Command column; click Add.
- Once you've verified that the Installation Command is there, you can add Conditions for Install (optional in many cases) or go ahead and save your Smart Software item!
Condition for Install
Conditions for Install may be added to your Smart Software item. Conditions for Install run before the Installation Command. Condition for Install is NOT required, but can be a handy way to check for the necessary resources on the device you are installing your software on.
For more information on Condition for Install, see our article Condition for Install Explained.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.