Whether you're new to Addigy, new to MDM, or not an experienced scripter, creating a Smart Software item can be tough at first. This how-to serves as your guide to install .sh-type files!
Create Smart Software Item
- Create a custom software item by navigating to Catalog > Software > Smart Software > New.
- Navigate to File Manager by selecting "Select Files", and upload your .sh file.
- Now that your file is selected, we can use the auto-fill option to create the Installation Command. This can be found under the Install Command column; click "Add".
You can read more about the Condition for Install section here.
Note: An Installation Command is required.
Add the Smart Software to a Policy
- Navigate to a Policy
- You can now deploy this script to either a Parent or Child policy. Since this is a custom software item, you will find it under the "Smart Software" section of the Software tab within the policy you select:
- Click Add/Remove... and add it to your policy.
- Confirm the addition and now you're set!
(Optional) Add Smart Software to your Self Service Catalog
You can also add this to your Self Service catalog!
- Navigate to the Self Service > Assignments tab within your policy once more, and locate your Smart Software item.
- Select the check box next to the item and click Add/Remove... to add the item
- Confirm the addition.
Here is an example of how the software item will appear within Self-Service:
(Optional) Deploy Smart Software to Individual Devices
Want to deploy this software to one device at a time? Golive is the feature you're looking for!
- Navigate to the Devices Page, locate your device, and click the name of it. From there you'll be taken to the GoLive Overview page.
- Navigate to Software>Smart software and search for your custom software item, you'd then click deploy:
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us by contacting email@example.com