Many MDM Configuration Profiles have options and restrictions that can be unnecessary for your organization, but you still have to include them in your MDM Configuration Profiles as you don't have a choice.
Introducing Modular MDM Configuration Profiles!
Modular MDM Configuration Profiles allow you to include only the settings and restrictions you want. This will allow admins to create slimmer, more specific MDM configuration profiles to deploy to your organization's devices.
Modular MDM Configuration Profiles Release Notes
- There will be no beta releases as we will be releasing these as updates to current MDM configuration profiles.
- All existing MDM configuration profiles will be able to be used seamlessly with these updated profiles.
MDM configuration profiles will be released in waves:
- In the current wave:
- Web Clip (released), Login Window (released), Associated Domains (released), Extensible Enterprise Single Sign-On, System Preferences (released / deprecated)
- In the previous waves (all released):
- Security and Privacy, Time Machine, Restrictions, VPN, Kernel Extensions, System Extensions, Certificates, AirPlay, Notifications, Single App Lock, App Store, Passcode, Energy Savings, Web Content Filter, Privacy Preferences Policy Control, Finder, Login Items, Printing, Software Update, Lock Screen Message, Network Usage, Dock, Wi-Fi
Modular MDM Configuration Profiles
Payload Name is always a required field. If an MDM configuration profile has any other required fields, they will be at the top of the profile underneath Payload Name. Moreover, some settings or restrictions have dependencies on other settings or restrictions. If that is the case, you will see the Include checkbox grayed out with a tooltip stating which setting must be enabled.
Any selected, active setting or restriction will have its background changed from gray to white to indicate its status.
If you have any questions or feedback regarding Modular MDM Configuration Profiles, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com.