Using the GoLive page of a device, we can send an available System Update using MDM to the macOS device if it has met the following requirements:
- Device is M1 and/or device is on macOS Monterey
- Bootstrap Token escrowed (This will be done after enrolling via MDM, to verify this, check out How to Verify the macOS Bootstrap Token Was Escrowed)
- (On M1 devices not enrolled via Automated Device Enrollment) Allowing remote management of kernel extensions and automatic software updates
To confirm that the device is deploying MDM Updates, you should see the following drop-down options when looking at the device's GoLive Page > Updates tab:
- Download and/or install - The or is depending if the update has already been downloaded or not. If update requires restart, the end user will still need to manually restart after this has been installed.
- Download Only - Downloads the software update without installing it or restarting.
- Download and notify user - Downloads the software update and notifies the user through the App Store.
- Download and install later - Downloads the software update and installs it at a later time.
- Download and show countdown - Downloads the software update and triggers the restart countdown notification.
- Install with forced restart - Performs the Download and/or install action, and then forces a restart if the update requires it.