If you've already prepared a device for Automated Device Enrollment via Apple Configurator 2, the next step is to assign it to an MDM server in Apple Business Manager or Apple School Manager. This article details how to assign a device in Apple Business Manager.
Note: These steps should be done before proceeding with setup steps on the device. It may take an arbitrary time for the device to shift to the new server.
Assigning Devices In Apple Business Manager
- Sign in to Apple Business Manager
- Select the user tile >> Preferences. The account's MDM Servers will be listed.
- Select the Apple Configurator server >> Show Devices. Newly prepared devices will appear here.
- Select a device and click Edit MDM Server.
- Assign the device to the server where the token was downloaded for your policy's Automated Device Enrollment settings and click Continue.
- Confirm the assignment. The device will enroll into the policy that contains the token generated from the MDM server.