The Google Single Sign-On Integration allows a secure authentication method that leverages managed Google account credentials.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
(note: If you are editing your existing configuration, you must disable the integration to be able to edit!)
- Google G-Suite is required.
- G-Suite Admin access is required to configure the integration.
- The Create and Edit Integration privileges are required in Addigy to configure the Google Single Sign-on integration.
- Please ensure that you are using the same email address that's associated with your Addigy account.
Setting up the Integration
To set up the integration, start from the G-Suite Admin Console (admin.google.com) and go to Apps > Web and Mobile Apps.
1. Click Add App.
2. Click custom SAML app. Then add App details and App Icon.
3. Get the setup information needed by copying the SSO URL and download the Certificate. (You will need this in the Addigy Google SSO Integration window)
4. In a separate browser tab or window, sign in to your Addigy console (app.addigy.com), navigate to the Account > Integrations page, and enter the information from the Google Custom SAML app and press Update.
5. Click Continue in Google.
6. Add the Appropriate
7. (Optional) Download from the Addigy Google SSO Integration the Addigy icon (256px) file to serve as an icon for your custom app which can be uploaded into Google Suite SAML App configuration.
8. Click Next.
9. In the Service Provider Details window, enter an ACS URL and Entity ID. These values are all provided in your Addigy environment in Account > Integrations > Login Options > Google SSO:
10 Click Continue.
11. Click Add mapping and enter the following attributes: First Name, Last Name, and Primary Email using the Basic Information drop down attribute and match them with the App Attributes listed below:
12. Note -- You must setup the mappings exactly as shown.
The mappings must match the below image exactly, including capitalization.
13. Click Finish.
Note: If you are looking to automatically assign roles upon creation, you can make a Role attribute and tie it to a user attribute in Google that holds a "Power", "Admin", "User" or "addigy_user_role_id". Using a role requires the attribute `addigy_role` and the appropriate attribute of "Power", "Admin", "User", or Custom Identifier as shown below.
You can find these user roles IDs in the Account -> Users page, on the users' table.
Using the Addigy Google SSO Integration
Once you Setup the Google SSO Integration within Addigy and enable it for specific Organizational Units in Google Suite, you will see the icon labeled Continue with Google (SSO) on your custom login page. You can find this URL on Account > Settings OR by typing subdomain.addigy.com.
When you click the button Continue with Google (SSO), you will be directed to your Addigy Web Interface and prompted for your Google Suite account that you would like to leverage to login.
After selecting your specific Google account, you should be logged into Addigy directly.
Note: If the user does not exist in Addigy, one will be provisioned using Just-In-Time Provisioning with the `User` role, if a custom role identifier is not defined in the User Attributes.
- The integration should only be enabled for Organizational Units in Google Suite that should have access to the Addigy Web Platform
- Users will only be able to login to the Addigy Web Platform using the Google SSO integration if Basic Authentication is disabled.
- Users will be provisioned automatically if they do not exist in the Addigy Web Platform and will inherit the 'user' role