Monitoring within Addigy is a method of checking the facts of devices in your portfolio for important changes. An Alert is a monitoring item that triggers when a certain condition is met about a particular fact. This means that alerts are powerful tools to react to the state of your devices. When alerts trigger, they either send emails to a list of recipients or generate a ticket in a configured ticketing integration (see Send ticket on alert below).
To create a Custom Monitoring item:
1. Select the Policies link on the Navigation menu.
2. Click Catalog.
3. Select the Custom Monitoring tab.
4. Click Add Alert.
Fill out all the fields in the Create Alert modal window that appears.
Here is a short description of each field:
- Alert name: The name for the alert that will appear in your Catalog and View Details sections of Addigy.
- Emails to send alerts: A list of emails that will receive an email notification when the alert triggers.
- Choose Category: A category that can be used to filter your alerts in the Monitoring page.
- Alert Fact: This is the fact that will be checked on the device for this alert.
- Alert Level: This sets severity of this alert.
- Send ticket on alert: Instead of sending emails, send a ticket to the ticketing integration configured in Support > Integrations.
- Minutes: This is useful for determining how much expense is saved as a result of using this monitoring item.
Click Create Alert in the bottom right of window to finish creating your new alert. The alert will now show as an item in your monitoring catalog.