Maintenance items within the Addigy platform are scheduled tasks to run on a regular basis for your devices. This makes them inherently proactive tools for keeping your devices up to spec and in tip-top shape.
To create a custom maintenance item select the Policies link on the Navigation bar.
Click the Catalog button on the top-left section of the page, then select the Maintenance tab in the catalog section.
Click the Add Maintenance button to start creating a new maintenance item.
A Create Maintenance modal window will appear with options for your maintenance item. Here is a brief description of each item:
- Job Name - this is the name that will appear in you Catalog and Policies.
- Instructions - the set of commands that will be run on the device. Remember to click the floppy-disk Save icon next to each line.
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly - the schedule on which the maintenance item will be run.
- Days before forcing - the number of attempts to run the maintenance before forcing. Use zero (0) to never force.
- Job time in minutes - a simple calculator based on your organizations EBA global setting to calculate your engineers' time saved.
- Prompt User - if turned on, sends a notification to your end-user before performing the maintenance task.
Note: if the device is offline at the time the maintenance job runs, the job will be re-scheduled for the next day at the same time and count that as one failed attempt. If a user declines a maintenance prompt, that will also count as a failed attempt. And if a maintenance item is forced, an email will be sent with a summary of the forced maintenance jobs.
When you're happy with the maintenance settings, click on the Create button in the bottom right of the window.
If you'd like help creating your maintenance item, you can also copy maintenance templates into your personal Maintenance tab by going first to Public Maintenance and clicking Copy to my Maintenance on the desired template.