Addigy provides the ability to restrict certain Policy Items from being deployed to the wrong Policies. This is an effective tool for sandboxing certain users to a very specific set of devices and tools. It goes hand-in-hand with our article Restricting a User to a Policy.
To add restrictions to a catalog item navigate to the Policies section within the Addigy portal.
1. Click in the Catalog button on the top-left section of the page.
2. In the catalog section select the tab for the corresponding item you want to restrict (for the purpose of this tutorial we will work with Custom Monitoring).
3. Select the item you want to restrict by pressing the icon (NOT the edit button).
4. In the Policy Restrictions section of the modal pop-up, click the Policy Restricted checkbox. Now that restrictions are enabled, the item will be restricted for ALL Policies. You need to add the policies that are allowed to use this item as described in the next step. If the item is currently in use in any of the policies, or added as an upcoming policy change, you will have to remove all the uses of this item before restricting it.
5. Select all the policies that you want to allow to use this item.
- Owners are the only ones that can restrict/allow catalog items for policies.
- If you allow a policy to access an item, the child policies of that policy will also be able to use the item.