Addigy provides pieces of information about the devices called facts such as "Device Name" and "Free Disk Percentage". There are cases where you would like to override these values for more meaningful ones.
To do this, you can follow these steps:
1. Navigate to the Devices page.
2. Click on the edit button for the device you are going to edit
3. From the dialog that comes up, click on the dropdown in order to select a fact to override.
4. Replace the existing value with the new value.
5. Click on "Override" to override this value within Addigy. Clicking override does not change the value in the physical device, only within the Addigy admin console.
6. Optionally, you can override the value in the physical device by clicking on "Change in Device". This option is only available on select facts such as "Device Name" and it will change the name on the physical device. You should be careful when using this option since it is permanent and could have visible effects on the users of the device.
7. In order to remove a previous override, you can click on "Remove Override". This option removes the overrides performed by clicking "Override" (step 5). It will not remove overrides from "Change in Device" (step 6).
* All override changes are visible in the devices table after the device reports the next audit. Devices do this every 5 minutes. This means that if the device is currently online, it could take up to 5 minutes for the changes to be noticeable in the devices page. Changes on devices that are offline will reflect within 5 minutes of the device coming online again.
* Facts that have been overridden will show as green in the devices table.