Self Service is an application which runs on your devices and provides an essential link between you and your end-users. And with the correct settings, a Self Service item can add immense value to your Policies in Addigy.
Self Service allows your end-users to install their own applications, request support, and get notifications for maintenance.
Additionally, the Self Service application is designed to be completely white-listable and customizable with your own logos and organization details.
Here's a brief overview of the different settings available in Self Service:
1. Configuration Name defines the name that will appear for this item in the Addigy Catalog.
2. Maintenance Prompt Message defines the message that is displayed when a Maintenance item requires action.
3. MS Office Updates Prompt Message is the message displayed when a Microsoft Update is pushed through Addigy.
4. Filevault Prompt Message defines the message that is displayed when enabling Filevault through Addigy.
5. Screenview Prompt Message is the message that is displayed when an Addigy user requests to use ScreenConnect on a device.
6. User Sentiment Prompt Message defines the message that is displayed when a User Sentiment is sent to a device.
7. Dock Icon defines the icon to be used in the dock when Show Icon on Dock is toggled ON. You can learn how to create your own Dock Icon in our article Create .icns for Self Service Dock Icon.
8. Menu Bar Icon defines the icon to be used in the menu bar when Show Icon on Menu Bar is toggled ON.
9. Self Service Application Logo is the image that will be displayed in the Home section of the Self Service Application.
10. Show Icon on Dock determines if the Self Service application is displayed in the dock as the Dock Icon.
11. Show Icon on Menu Bar determines if the Self Service application is displayed in the menu bar as the Menu Bar Icon.
12. Show in Applications Folder determines if the application is available to the end-user in the /Applications folder.
13. Show Support Section determines if the support and ticketing section of Self Service is visible within the application.