Addigy can manage macOS, iOS, and tvOS devices using Addigy Mobile Device Management (MDM) functionality.
- Must be an Owner and have no policy restrictions
- Create an Apple Push Certificate and assign it in Addigy (Instructions: Addigy Apple Push Certificates)
- Configure an MDM Profile on at least one policy to deploy to devices of that Policy (more details below).
You must configure the MDM Profile to enable the MDM functionality on a policy. Once configured, the MDM Profile will be automatically installed on all devices in the policy.
To configure MDM for a policy, navigate to Policies -> Integrations (under the desired policy) -> select Mobile Device Management (MDM).
Setup the following configuration options in the MDM Profile:
- Display Name
- Company Name
- Description for your Mobile Device Management Profiles
Note: This information will be visible to the end-user in the device's settings when the Profile is installed, so make sure it's meaningful to the customer.
Below is an example of how it will appear on a Mac in System Preferences -> Profiles.
When the MDM Profile is deployed, the devices will appear in the MDM Integration section under MDM Devices as 'Active':
Additionally, if the device is a macOS device you can query the device using the List All Profiles script located in the community section:
This Script will return a verbose output of all the profiles currently installed on the device
Enrolling Your Devices With MDM
Now that you've set up your Push certificates and configured MDM in your policies, it's time to start enrolling new machines with MDM. It's important to note that this allows Addigy to bypass some of the PPPC restrictions introduced in Mojave and Catalina.
(Have an Apple Business Manager or School Manager account? You can bypass the steps below by using Automated Device Enrollment)
1. Head over to the Add Devices page
2. Use the dropdown menu to select the policy for the new device
If a policy with an MDM Profile is selected, a number of MDM installation options will appear.
Option 1: Download the .mobileconfig file that would allow you to directly install MDM directly onto the device when double-clicked.
Option 2: Copy the URL shown so that it may be used by the device's browser to download and install the MDM Profile. Alternatively, this link will download the .mobileconfig associated with your environment which can then be double-clicked to install the MDM Profile to the System Preferences of the desired device.
Option 3: Display a QR code that can be scanned to install MDM on an iPhone or iPad.
Please Note: If you do not see an installation URL like the one below, then you still have to set up an Apple Push Certificate. Please reference the instructions found in this article Addigy Apple Push Certificates.
Note: the QR code can be scanned or sent to your email to then distribute to end-users.
Once the .mobileconfig file has been downloaded please proceed with the following steps:
1. Locate .mobileconfig file and double click it, this will open up System Preferences.
2. Select 'Install' on the Profiles screen:
You will then need to approve the profile by click Approve button on the Profile:
The profile should then show successfully installed, along with any other MDM Configurations that may be assigned in the policy:
Apple Business Manager
If you have an Apple Business Manager or School Manager account and want to utilize Automated Device Enrollment, then head over to our articles
- Configuring Apple Business Manager and the Addigy Automated Device Enrollment Integration
- Configuring Apple's Automated Device Enrollment Integration with Addigy
- iOS and tvOS devices will only be eligible for the MDM Profile URL Deployment (or Automated Device Enrollment / Business and School Manager deployments).
- iOS and tvOS devices are not eligible for the Addigy Agent which recognizes device state (MDM-specific devices will show as a gray icon).
- iOS and tvOS support Remote Lock, Remote Wipe, and MDM Configurations.
- macOS supports both MDM Profiles and the Addigy Agent.
- macOS can reinstall both the Addigy Agent and the MDM Profile using the builtin Actions
Below are some other KB articles that walk-through other similar MDM and related tasks.
Integrating Addigy with Apps & Books/Device Enrollment:
If you have an Addigy account and have additional questions, you can create a ticket by emailing email@example.com.
Alternatively, you can submit a support request within Addigy.