With macOS Mojave, the Privacy Preferences Policy Control (PPPC) changes require approval to do specific tasks.
When devices register to Addigy's MDM services, PPPC profiles are automatically deployed to whitelist bash, screenconnect, go-agent and any other applications that are required by the Addigy Mac agent. This removes any prompts for the end user and ensures that software that require this permission are installed automatically and on first deployment.
- The device must also be running macOS 10.14 Mojave or newer.
- When installing Addigy on a Mac, make sure that you are using the MDM Profile URL on the Add Devices Page. See more details on our Installing the Addigy Agent article.
Ensuring the Automatic PPPC Profiles Are Installed
- Install devices using the MDM Profile URL for the desired policy the Device should reside in or using Apple DEP.
- Make sure the the MDM Profile has been approved. MDM Profiles installed manually on the machine will automatically be approved. See our article Approved MDM Profiles for more details.
- If the MDM Profile is already installed on the device and it has been recently upgraded to 10.14, navigate to Policies -> Integrations -> MDM -> MDM Devices and Select the device and click the Reload button to re-run an audit on the device immediately.
- Press Deploy Now or wait about 30 minutes for the device to automatically fetch its required profiles.
- Once completed, you should see the PPPC profiles under System Preferences -> Profiles.
If you experience issues with these default PPPC profiles or would like additional assistance configuring your Macs to use Addigy, please contact Addigy Support: firstname.lastname@example.org.