Apple Push Certificates are used by Apple Push Notification service (APNs), which is a robust, secure, and highly efficient service that allows Addigy to send MDM policies, options, or commands to your Devices.
Apple Push Certificates must be manually renewed every year. If they expire, they can not be renewed and must be recreated.
1. To Add a Certificate, Navigate to the Account MDM Settings and click on + Add Certificate.
2. Click Download AddigyCSR.plist to get the plist file that will be uploaded into Addigy.
3. Click on Apple's Push Certificate site to head over to Apple's site. From this page, Sign In with an Apple ID that you, as an account owner, will always have access to for renewing purposes. This email does not have to be an Apple Developer Account.
5. You can add Notes for this Certificate here.
6. Upload the CSR.plist you downloaded from Step 2 by clicking Choose File.
7. After this is configured, click Upload.
8. Click Download for the completed .pem file, which will be uploaded into Addigy.
9. Click Select MDM_Addigy, Inc_Certificate.pem, and upload the file downloaded from the previous step.
10. Choose a Name for this Push Certificate
11. This is optional but highly recommended as you will need to use the same Apple ID to renew this Certificate.
12. When this is configured, click Save.
Now that your Push Certificate is in place, it's time to assign it to an MDM Profile.
If you have an Addigy account and have additional questions, you can create a ticket by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, you can submit a support request within Addigy.