Once you have created your Apple Push Certificates and assigned your Apple Push Certificates at the global level or policy level, you can begin enrolling devices into Addigy MDM with your specific Apple Push Certificate.
Enrolling Your Devices With MDM
Now that you've set up your Push certificates and configured MDM in your policies, it's time to start enrolling new machines with MDM. It's important to note that this allows Addigy to bypass some of the user required intervention.
1. Head over to the Add Devices page
2. From the Select A Policy section, use the dropdown menu to select the policy you wish to add a device to.
Once selected a number of MDM installation options will appear.
Option 1: Downloads the .mobileconfig file that would allow you to directly install MDM directly onto the device when double clicked.
Option 2: Copies the url shown so that it may be pasted into a browser's (iOS or macOS) navigation bar which will then attempt to install the MDM Profile. Alternatively this link will download the .mobileconfig associated with your environment which can then be double clicked to install the MDM Profile to the System Preferences of the desired device.
Option 3: This is a QR code that can be used to install MDM on an iPhone or iPad.
Please Note: If you do not see an installation url like the one below, then you still have to setup an Apple Push Certificate. Please reference the instructions found in this article Creating An Apple Push Certificate.
Here is what the QR code screen would look like:
Once the .mobileconfig file has been downloaded please proceed with the following steps:
1. Locate .mobileconfig file and double click it, this will open up System Preferences.
2. Select 'Install' on the Profiles screen (may require admin credentials):
The profile should then show successfully installed, along with any other MDM Configurations that may be assigned in the policy:
If you have an Apple Business Manager or Device Enrollment Program (DEP) account and want to utilize DEP, then head over to our articles
- Configuring the Addigy DEP Integration Using an Apple Business Manager Account
- Configuring the Addigy DEP Integration Using an Apple Device Enrollment Program Account.