The Community section allows Addigy partners to contribute to one another. When submitting a Custom Script to the Community, the script will be reviewed by the Addigy Community team before being published to the Community. If you have questions about the Addigy Community or submitting your script, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are the guidelines used to approve or reject all Custom Script submissions:
- The Name and Description fields should demonstrate the value the script will bring to other members of the community.
- The Description should cover the following functional areas:
- What the script does as well as all requirements it needs to execute successfully
- Types of output that may be received along with the related meaning
- Logging details, if applicable
- The script cannot use a modified hashbang. Use #!/bin/bash.
- The description should include "Known Limitations", a list of requirements and dependencies to function properly. If there are no known limitations on the supported OSes, that may also be indicated. Ie., "Known Limitations: no known limitations."
- Examples of known limitations:
- The fact requires specific software installed on devices.
- The fact requires certain utilities or features not present on specific versions of an OS.
- The fact requires a specific account or connection to be configured or logged-in.
- The script should not upload or escrow data to other sites, locations, or servers outside of Addigy.
- The script must not rely on settings or infrastructure unique to your organization.
Submitting Custom Scripts to the Community
- Navigate to the Devices page
- Click the Manage button
- Click the hyperlinked script name for the script which you would would like to submit to the community
- Click the Submit to Community button
- Review the terms and conditions and click Continue
Note: If you do not see the Submit to Community button, please email email@example.com for information on joining us as a community contributor.
Reporting Community Scripts
If you find a Community Script that does not meet these guidelines, please let us know by using the Report option at the bottom of the page.
The Addigy Community team will review your report and if necessary, remove the item from the community and contact the author.