Addigy's GoLive Chat feature is a great way for administrators to communicate directly to end users, regardless of who is logged in on the Mac. Chat transcripts are then emailed to the administrator who initiated the chat when the session is closed. The transcript can also be sent to the email address you provide in Account - Setup - Support Email Address (see below).
1. If you'd like to user your own icon for MacManage, you need to configure a Self Service item for your policy. You can find instructions on Creating a Self Service Item here: Creating a Self Service Item.
2. The device must be online.
3. A user must be logged into that device.
Contacting the end User
Addigy provides multiple methods of initiating a chat with end users.
The quickest method is through the chat button on the bottom right of any screen in your Addigy environment:
1. Click the Chat Icon in the bottom right corner of your screen.
2. Select the device you wish to initiate a chat with.
3. Begin the conversation.
Another method would be from GoLive:
1. Click on Devices.
2. Click on GoLive of the desired device.
3. Click Start chat in the top-right corner.
4. A chat window will appear, begin the conversation.
Another method is from the Actions column in the Devices page:
1. Click on Devices.
2. In the Actions column, click the Chat icon.
3. A chat window will appear, begin the conversation.
End User View
When a chat is started by an administrator if MacManage is closed, it will open and a Blue Dot will appear next to Chat to indicate a message is waiting. This is changing soon so the user will be immediately place in the new chat. If MacManage is already open, the Blue Dot appears next to Chat. This is also changing to put the user in the Chat when it arrives to quickly get their attention.
Setup Chat Transcripts (session) to email your support email address
1. Be sure you've added a "Support Email" to your account.
2. Turn on "Email chat session to support". If "Email chat session to support is disabled, only the administrator who initiated the chat will be email the transcript.
You're all set to start a dialog with your users!
If you have an Addigy account and have additional questions, you can create a ticket by emailing email@example.com.
Alternatively, you can submit a support request within Addigy.