The purpose of this aricle is to demonstrate on how to create a Custom Monitoring alert specifically for Time Machine. It can be customized to send alerts for when the Time Machine has gone above or below the days of its Last Backup.
1. In the Navigation pane, select Policies > Catalogs>Custom Monitoring > Add Alert +.
2. Fill in the necessary information needed such as Alert Name, Emails to send alerts, and finally select Choose Category>System.
3. Select which Time Machine alert is prefered: Days since Last Backup or Last Backup Date.
4. Select a Selector and then select a Value to input the amount days.
5. Then select the Alert Levels of your choice.
6. Click on Create to complete the set up for the alert.
7. The custom Time Machine alert should now appear in the Custom Monitoring table view like so below.
8. To add the new customized alert to your policy, simpy go back to the desired Policy>Monitoring. Search for your customized alert and click on Add Alert.