To ensure devices you manage have a specific application installed we first have to create a Custom Device Fact (Creating Custom Facts).
1. On the Custom Device Fact creation screen type the following:
if [ ! -d "Your path here" ]; then
echo "Not Installed"
2. Update the path to the path of the application you want to check.
3. Click Create
3. Click Policies in the navigation bar
4. Click on the Policy you would like to add the Custom Fact to
5. Click Custom Facts
6. Click Add on the Custom Fact
7. Click Deploy Now
8. Click Deploy
9. Click Devices in the navigation bar
10. Make sure the policy with the Custom Fact is selected (or view all).
11. Click the blue stack icon
12. Click the Custom Fact that was made
Scroll to the right and the Custom Fact column will show results for all devices in the policy.
If a device shows n/a then the Custom Fact has yet to check the device or the device is not in a policy that implements that Custom Fact.
You're all set! You created a Custom Fact to check if devices in a policy have a specific software! Please let us know if you have any issues with this workflow.
If you have an Addigy account and have additional questions, you can create a ticket by emailing email@example.com.
Alternatively, you can submit a support request within Addigy.