What is Smart Software?
Smart Software is an extension of our Custom Software. It seeks to simplify some of the nuances that come with packaging and deploying software to MacOS devices, specifically 10.14+ devices that require a multitude of PPPC permissions. Smart Software streamlines the process of creating the necessary PPPC profiles with just a few clicks.
Automated PPPC Generation
When a software item (.pkg, .zip, dmg) gets uploaded and selected, Addigy will automatically generate the PPPC profile for you within the same user interface and enable you to set and deploy it alongside the software item in two clicks. This means you won’t have to leave the software pane to create the PPPC profile, you no longer have to search for bundle id and code signatures using complex terminal commands, and you’ll immediately see a reduction in PPPC related service desk issues moving forward.
- Creating Smart Software
- Add Smart Software to Self-Service Catalog
- Deploying .dmg from Smart Software
- Deploy Cloud Hosted Files
- Cloning Smart Software
How do I use Addigy Smart Software?
Smart Software is enabled for your organization by default.
- Upload and select your file in Custom Software
- Select the desired Application from the PPPC Profiles dropdown
- And configure PPPC permissions to fit your security posture
I uploaded a pkg but no app is appearing in the PPPC select list
If you upload a file and do not see the PPPC item in the dropdown then we were unable to find the code signature and bundle-ID needed. You can report this to email@example.com and we can look into it.
Can I create PPPC profiles manually from within Smart Software?
Yes, we allow you to type in your bundle-ID and code signature if that is your preferred route
- This feature requires MDM
- PPPC will not deploy when pushing Smart Software via GoLive or Self-Service
- PPPC profile will not necessarily deploy before software item
- PPPC profile will be removed when the software item is removed from the policy
If you have an Addigy account and have additional questions, you can create a ticket by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, you can submit a support request within Addigy.