Addigy is making changes to improve how files uploaded to Addigy are handled. As part of these changes several changes are necessary to the API calls used to upload a file to Addigy.
The Addigy File Upload API takes 2 steps to upload a file. Step 1 generates a URL to be used in Step 2. And Step 2 uses the URL returned in Step 1 to upload the file. A 3rd call can be made that returns the meta data for the uploaded file.
DNS Changes when download files - Proxies need to have the following whitelisted https://file-manager-prod-cdn.addigy.com
File Upload: https//file-manager-prod.addigy.com/api/upload/url
- Adds the ability to include
- content-type of the file (if not provided, defaults to "application/octet-stream")
- file-name (due to step 2 being changed, if you do not provide the file name here, the file will be named with a random GUID. This value can not be changed.)
- Returns the ID of File in the response. File ID is necessary for the Get Metadata call below.
File Upload: https://file-manager-dev-cdn.addigy.com/xxxxx...
- Client-ID and Client-secret are no longer used
- Is now a "Put" instead of a "Post"
- Everything required for this Put is returned by the Get call except:
- content-type (required)
- file (required)
- The response is blank
New File Get Metadata https://file-manager-prod.addigy.com/api/upload/metadata/(id of file)
Note: The Get Metadata call now returns the object that needs to be used with the Custom Software Post command.