Addigy is making changes to improve how files uploaded to Addigy are handled. As part of these changes several changes are necessary to the API calls used to upload a file to Addigy.
The Addigy File Upload API takes 2 steps to upload a file. Step 1 generates a URL to be used in Step 2. And Step 2 uses the URL returned in Step 1 to upload the file. A 3rd call can be made that returns the meta data for the uploaded file.
DNS Changes when download files - Proxies need to have the following whitelisted:
- Adds the ability to include
- content-type of the file (if not provided, defaults to "application/octet-stream")
- file-name (due to step 2 being changed, if you do not provide the file name here, the file will be named with a random GUID. This value can not be changed.)
- Returns the ID of File in the response. File ID is necessary for the Get Metadata call below.
- Client-ID and Client-secret are no longer used
- Is now a "Put" instead of a "Post"
- Everything required for this Put is returned by the Get call except:
- content-type (required)
- file (required)
- The response is blank
New File Get Metadata:
https://file-manager-prod.addigy.com/api/upload/metadata/(id of file)
Note: The Get Metadata call now returns the object that needs to be used with the Custom Software Post command.
If you have an Addigy account and have additional questions, you can create a ticket by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, you can submit a support request within Addigy.