(Update Jan 11, 11pm ET) During the rollout of ConnectWise Control it was discovered that the new ConnectWise Control Agent on macOS Catalina and Big Sur requires a new PPPC Screen Recording permission. If the previous version of ConnectWise Control had previously had Screen Recording approved, that approval no longer applies. This means that the first time an administrator attempts to connect via ConnectWise the machine user will be prompted to approve Screen Recording. The dialog they will see is below.
Workaround if you wish to approve Screen Recording:
- Connect to the user's device with LiveDesktop
- Connect to the user's device with ConnectWise Control (leaving LiveDesktop Connected)
- You will now be prompted to to approve Screen Recording PPPC, follow the directions in the ConnectWise Control dialog. The approval will apply to all users of the device.
If you would like to allow Standard Users to approve in macOS Big Sur:
This update will apply the changes available in the ConnectWise Control v20.11.1622.7619. Further information about this update can be found at the following resource:
More notably, ConnectWise Control changed the user prompt to help with both ScreenRecording and Accessibility Permissions:
- You may need to update the Client Viewer on your admin machine once the Agent updates. You can do this by re-downloading the ConnectWise Control Client from the Addigy Interface.
- More information on ConnectWise Control is available at the following article: https://support.addigy.com/support/solutions/articles/8000068811-addigy-screenconnect-integration
- UPDATE:This update may require re-approval of PPPC Permissions for Screen Recording.
If you have an Addigy account and have additional questions, you can create a ticket by emailing email@example.com.
Alternatively, you can submit a support request within Addigy.