Sometimes, managing devices as a group won't sufficiently meet your needs, and software must be deployed on a one-off basis. There's no need to make a separate child policy for that one installation.
Using GoLive, you can immediately deploy Software and Profiles to individual devices.
- Find the device on your Devices page
- Start a GoLive session
- Navigate to the Software tab.
- Select Smart Software for any Custom Software packages you have created, or Public Software for the list of available Public Software itemsNote: Public Software items must be added to a policy before they will appear here. See our article Adding Public Software to the Deployments Tab in GoLive for more information.
- Find the desired deployment and click Deploy.
- Click Details to view the results of the deployment.
- Details will show real-time status of the installation; after pressing deploy, it will read Details Pending
- Once completed, the status will show Success or Error based on the output of the software's installation script.