With GoLive, Addigy Administrators can manage updates for iOS, iPadOS, and tvOS devices.
Note: Devices that have deferred updates via a Restrictions Configuration Profile can still be sent updates via GoLive.
In order for devices to respect download and install MDM commands, the following items are required:
- iOS version 9 or newer
- tvOS version 12 or newer
- Supervision via Automated Device Enrollment or Apple Configurator
- Battery Life above 50% or currently charging to install updates
- Devices with passcodes require the end user to enter the passcode prior to the update installing
To view available updates on a device, Navigate to the Devices page, select GoLive for an iOS device and then select the Updates tab from the navigation bar.
Updates will be displayed in this table along with detailed information about the update:
- Name of update
- Major and minor version of the update
- If restart is required for each update
- Size of the update that is required to download onto the device
- Status of the update
- Install action that will download and install the update
- Download Only action that will download the update for later installation
Note: Sometimes the status of an update can be Undetermined if the device has not queried for updates in a while or if a product code varies slightly between commands. In most situations, performing the task will function normally and the Undetermined status will change once an update is in process. To get additional information from the device about updates, our Addigy API can be used to gather additional information about the updates and installing them.