The Community section allows Addigy partners to contribute to one another. When submitting a Custom Fact to the Community, the fact will be reviewed by the Addigy Community team before being published to the community. If you have questions about the Addigy Community or submitting your fact, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are the guidelines used to approve or reject all Custom Fact submissions:
- The Name and Description should demonstrate the value the fact may bring to other members of the community.
- The description must accurately describe what results should be expected from the fact and how those results were collected.
- The fact should be read-only. The script should not save files to the machine, edit settings, or interfere with running processes. Exceptions can be made for logging but should be clearly stated in the description.
- The fact cannot use a modified hashbang. For Bash-based facts, the script should use #!/bin/bash. For Python-based facts, the script should use #!/usr/bin/python.
- The fact should run without error on all Addigy-supported major versions of the OSes Supported (see Addigy System Requirements).
- The description must include "Known Limitations", a list of requirements and dependencies to function properly. If there are no known limitations on the supported OSes, that must still be indicated. Ie., "Known Limitations: no known limitations."
- Examples of known limitations:
- The fact requires specific software installed on devices.
- The fact requires certain utilities or features not present on specific versions of an OS.
- The fact requires a specific account or connection to be configured or logged-in.
- The script should run without error on all major versions of the OSes Supported. Please see our Best Practices and Examples of Custom Facts to better understand avoiding errors.
- The fact must not upload or escrow data to other sites, locations, or servers outside of Addigy.
- The fact must not rely on settings or infrastructure unique to your organization.
Submitting Custom Facts to the Community
- Navigate to Policies > Catalog
- Click the Custom Facts tab
- Select the Edit option to the left of the fact name
- Click the Community option near the bottom
- Review the terms and conditions and click Continue
Note: If you do not see the Community button, please email email@example.com for information on joining us as a community contributor.
Reporting Community Device Facts
If you find a Community Device Fact that does not meet these guidelines, please let us know by using the Report option at the bottom of the page.
The Addigy Community team will review your report and, if necessary, will remove the item from the community and contact the author.