User accounts were previously created using "Custom Profiles" which have been deprecated. The current OS Users feature makes user accounts easier to manage.
Addigy provides a simple way to create and manage a user account on a group of Macs in your organization. This can solve the problem of needing a consistent "IT Manager" account on each device for support purposes.
Note: These users will not have a Secure Token; however, if a device's Bootstrap Token is escrowed, the accounts will be granted a Secure Token upon first login.
Warning: It is highly recommended that you use a strong password when creating a user account, especially for Administrator level access.
1. To create the OS User, first Navigate to the Catalog Page, and click OS Users, and then click New:
2. From here the Create New User window will open and will have the following Components:
- Full Name - This will be the Display Name and can contain spaces
- Account Name - This name should not contain spaces as it will be the name of the /Users/$AccountName home directory
- Type - This will either be Standard or Admin
- Password - This will be the password that will be set for the user. This will need to follow any password requirements set on the device