The Addigy Splashtop integration allows you to launch a Splashtop remote control session directly from the Addigy console. From here you'll be able to remotely control the device and remediate any issues that may have required you to be physically present on the device.
- Splashtop Requirements
- How to enable Splashtop for your Organization
- How to enable/disable Splashtop at the policy level
- Policy Inheritance with Splashtop
- How to initiate a Splashtop session
- Privacy Preference Policy Control
- Additional Notes
- Splashtop Viewer must be installed on the admin machine
- Big Sur 11.0+ : Allowing Standard Users to approve the Splashtop PPPC
- Splashtop System Requirements
How to enable Splashtop for your Organization
1. Navigate to Account > Integrations and click on the Splashtop tile under Third Party Add-Ons:
2. Clicking on this tile will reveal the following popup which will allow you to Enable this for the account, as well as select which policies you'd like to use Splashtop on:
Once this is enabled, you can go to the policy level to set more specific settings.
How to enable or disable Splashtop at the policy level
From the Policies page, navigate to the Policy > Integrations > Splashtop Remote Control and you should see the following:
Here you can:
A.) Enable or disable the integration
B.) Choose if the end-user will be prompted when a new session is established.
Policy Inheritance with Splashtop
The way inheritance works for Splashtop is that the parent pushes its state down the tree but the child can override the state of the parent when disabling. Thus enabling the integration at the parent level, does not automatically push it to the children's policies as the children have Splashtop disabled by default.
Note: The Splashtop Integration will not inherit into Child policies, it must be "Enabled" per Policy where you want to use the tool.
This means that if you want to enable Splashtop for a child policy, you must also enable it for the parent.
How to initiate a Splashtop session
Once Splashtop has been enabled for your organizations and policies with managed devices, you are able to initiate a session in one of two ways:
From the Devices page, search for the Device and then uncollapse the actions. This will show all Remote Control integrations enabled for the policy, which will include Splashtop:
To initiate a session from the GoLive page, simply GoLive into a device and then select Splashtop from the top right.
Note: If you do not see the Splashtop icon but it was just enabled on the policy, make sure to Deploy the policy otherwise policy changes can take up to 30mins as that is the cadence of policy deployments.
When launching a Splashtop Session, if you toggle Show advanced settings, you will be able to use three options settings:
A. Change the name that appears to the end-user
B. Change the resolution of the session
C. Force close any existing session on the next attempt to open a session.
Privacy Preference Policy Control
Splashtop requires a PPPC profile. If this is your first time initiating a Splashtop session you will be confronted with the following prompt:
You must have an end-user explicitly grant these permissions in order to take control of their macOS device. For more information on this, take a look at Big Sur 11.0+ : Allowing Standard Users to approve the Splashtop PPPC.
- Devices with Splashtop already installed may have a different experience than new enrollments, Splashtop only supports one streamer per device.
- Device Logs can be found at the following location: /Users/Shared/SplashtopStreamer/SPLOG.txt or ~/Library/Logs/SPLog.txt
- Splashtop has a Connectivity Checker that can be found at the following URL: https://www.splashtop.com/check
- Splashtop has the following Article for Splashtop Firewall Exceptions at the following URL: https://support-splashtopbusiness.splashtop.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001811966-What-are-the-Firewall-Exceptions-and-IP-addresses-of-Splashtop-servers-Services-
- Splashtop has PPPC Requirements for Screen Recording, Accessibility, Full Disk Access, and Microphone, more details can be found at the following URL: https://support-splashtopbusiness.splashtop.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035055131