One of the most important features of Addigy is the Agent. The Addigy Agent provides a means of accessing device information and functionality that MDM commands may not. This article serves as an overview on what the agent is and some of the agent's essential functions.
What is the Addigy Agent?
The Addigy Agent is a lightweight agent that runs only on macOS Devices. The agent installs utilities on each managed macOS device to enable full functionality of the Addigy Platform. The Addigy Agent is independent of Addigy's MDM service but works best when used with Addigy MDM.
Tasks Handled Via The Addigy Agent
The following is a list of agent capabilities:
- Getting data from devices in the form of device facts.
- Reporting the online/offline status of macOS devices.
- Deploying Public/Smart software items.
- Deployment of maintenance items.
- Deployment of custom facts.
- Deployment of Addigy Identity.
- SSH capabilities via LiveTerminal.
- ARD capabilities via LiveDesktop.
- Deployment of Splashtop.
- Running commands/scripts deployed via the Addigy console.
- Reporting of monitoring items/alerts.
Tasks Not Covered By The Addigy Agent
While the Addigy Agent and MDM work in tandem, the agent does not send commands/functions that have to do with MDM. This includes:
- Deployment of Apps and Books assets.
- Automated Device enrollment (ADE/DEP).
- Deployment of MDM Configurations/legacy profiles.
For more information, please refer to our documentation: https://docs.addigy.com/