Monitoring within Addigy allows for watching, reporting, and automatically acting on changes to your device's state. An Alert is a monitoring item that triggers when a certain condition is met about a particular device fact. This allows for powerful monitoring and remediation workflows. When alerts trigger, they either send emails to a list of recipients or generate a ticket in a configured ticketing integration and can also trigger automatic remediation if applied.
You can read about the Monitoring Dashboard in this KB.
To create a Custom Monitoring item:
1. Select the Policies link on the Navigation menu.
2. Click Catalog.
3. Select the Custom Monitoring tab.
4. Click New.
Fill out all the fields in the Create Alert modal window that appears.
Here is a short description of each field:
- Alert name: The name for the alert that will appear in your Catalog and View Details sections of Addigy.
- Alert Fact: This is the fact that will be checked on the device for this alert.
- Choose Category: A category that can be used to filter your alerts on the Monitoring page.
- Emails to send alerts: A list of emails that will receive an email notification when the alert triggers.
- Send ticket on alert: Instead of sending emails, send a ticket to the ticketing integration configured in Support > Integrations.
- Automated Remediation: This feature allows you to autonomously remediate alerts by running scripts that would resolve the issue. You can use pre-existing scripts or create a brand new one.
- Minutes: This is useful for determining how much expense is saved as a result of using this monitoring item.
Click Create Alert in the bottom right of the window to finish creating your new alert. The alert will now show as an item in your monitoring catalog.
You can setup your Monitoring Items to "Create a Support Ticket" in your help desk system. To enable this capability you first need to enable one of the Support Desk Integrations in Addigy. Then check the "Create Support Ticket" box.