Monitoring within Addigy allows for watching, reporting, and automatically acting on changes to your device's state. An Alert is a monitoring item that triggers when a certain condition is met about a particular device fact. This allows for powerful monitoring and remediation workflows. When alerts trigger, they either send emails to a list of recipients or generate a ticket in a configured ticketing integration and can also trigger automatic remediation if applied.
For an overview of the Monitoring Dashboard, visit our KB article: Addigy Monitoring Dashboard
To create a Custom Monitoring item:
- Select the Catalog page.
- Click the Monitoring tab.
- Click New.
Fill out all the fields in the New Custom Alert window that appear.
Custom Alerts are made out of the following Components:
- Name - The name for the alert that will appear in your Catalog and View Details sections of Addigy.
- Alert Trigger - This is the fact that will be checked on the device for this alert.
- Category - A category that can be used to filter your alerts on the Monitoring page.
- Create Support Ticket - Instead of sending emails, send a ticket to the ticketing integration configured in Support > Integrations. This option will only appear if a ticketing integration has been configured.
- Send Email - A list of emails that will receive an email notification when the alert triggers.
- Automated Remediation - This feature allows you to autonomously remediate alerts by running scripts that would resolve the issue. You can use pre-existing scripts or create a brand new one.
- Time/Money Savings - This is useful for determining how much expense is saved as a result of using this monitoring item.
You can set up your Monitoring Items to create a Support Ticket in your help desk system. To enable this capability you first need to enable one of the Support Desk Integrations in Addigy. Then check the "Create Support Ticket" box.
5. Click Save to finish creating your new Monitoring item. The alert will now show as an item in your monitoring catalog.