Apple Push Certificates expire after one year and need to be manually renewed. This article shows you the easy way to renew your Apple Push Certificate with Addigy.
Note: If the Apple Push Certificate does happen to expire, there may be an indeterminate period where it can still be renewed. If it cannot be renewed in the Apple Push Certificates portal, a new or an alternative Apple Push Certificate must be applied to Policies that had the MDM Profile that expired. Since the Push Cert has been changed, all Devices that receive this new MDM Profile will need to have their end-users manually approve the Profile again.
If you would like to know when your Certificates will expire, please visit the Apple Push Certificates portal for further details.
- To renew the Certificate, first, navigate to Account > MDM Settings, find the Certificate you'd like to renew, and then make a note of the APN Topic.
- After this, click the three dots to your left and then click Renew which will open the Renew Certificate window.
- Download the CSR.plist by clicking "download a new CSR" and in a separate tab head over to the Apple Push Certificate website.
- After logging in, to find which Certificate you are renewing click on the blue i to the right of each Certificate to see if the APN Topic you saw in Step 1 matches the UID displayed here.
Follow this check for each Certificate until you find a match. If there is no match, the Apple Push Certificate in Addigy was created under another Apple ID.
After finding a match, click the Renew button to the right of the i button which will open the Renew Push Certificate window. From here, click Choose File and select the CSR.plist file downloaded from Step 3.
You will now be able to download the renewed Certificate .pem file and upload it into Addigy via the Renew Certificate Window in Step 2.
You may get a Error: There is a problem with the certificate’s topic (400) returned when uploading, please review the article to see why.
- Finally, click Save and then verify the Updated column of the Certificate has changed.