When retroactively adding devices onto your Apple Business/School Manager account, you will need to use Apple Configurator 2 to establish the initial connection.
Before we move forward with that process, we should create a Server in Apple Configurator 2. This only requires a few minor steps.
- First, open Apple Configurator 2 and navigate to Apple Configurator 2 > Preferences:
- Navigate to the Servers tab and click the + button on the bottom-left corner:
- The following screen will appear. Click Next:
- The next screen will prompt for a Name and Host name or URL. You can enter any name; it is for your reference.
For the value of Host name or URL, you can find that URL within your Addigy portal. In your Addigy portal, navigate to Add Devices > Select Policy (select the policy that has Automated Device Enrollment configured), then copy the enrollment link and paste it into Apple Configurator 2 's Host name or URL field.
- Once you've filled out the information and click Next, you'll have successfully created your first Server in Apple Business Manager!
Now you're on your way to getting your devices enrolled via Automated Device Enrollment/Apple Configurator. Steps on each supported enrollment workflow with configurator can be found here: Overview: Apple Configurator 2