Identity allows your users to log in using the same Okta credentials they use everywhere else in their environment once Identity has been configured to use Okta. Identity will also make sure to prompt the users for Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) and enforce your password policy.
Note: This integration requires the API Access Management service in Okta to provide Admins full security control management.
Configuring Okta with Identity
- Enable Identity
- Select Okta as your identity provider within the policy settings
- Register an Application under your Okta instance
- Populate application settings under Identity policy configuration
- Assign users to Application
Enabling Addigy Identity is simple. We've provided a knowledge base on enabling Addigy Identity Here: How to Enable Identity.
Select Okta as your identity provider within the policy settings
Register an Application under your Okta instance
- Navigate to your Okta Dashboard and select Applications.
- Click Create App Integration.
- Select OIDC - OpenID Connect as the Sign-in method and Native Application for your Application type.
- Click Next.
- Fill in the following fields:
App integration name. This can be a name of your choice.
Get the Okta Redirect URI: To get this URI, copy your organization URL (can be found on the Dashboard)
and prepend "addigy-", then paste it into the Sign-in redirect URI field. It should follow this format: https://addigy-dev-hidden.okta.com.
- App integration name. This can be a name of your choice.
- Select an option for Controlled Access and click Save.
An example of the application configuration is shown below:
Populate application settings under Identity policy configuration
- Now that application registration is complete, in the Client Credentials section of your Okta App, copy over your Client ID and Redirect URI over to your Identity policy settings in Addigy.
- Next, copy your Organization URL into the Domain field in Addigy.
- After filling in the integration fields, select Save Changes.
Assign users to Application
Once your users are assigned to the application in Okta, they will be able to authenticate on your macOS devices using their Okta credentials.