Addigy provides the ability to restrict certain Policy Items from being deployed to the wrong Policies. This is an effective tool for sandboxing certain users to a very specific set of devices and tools. It goes hand-in-hand with our article Restricting a User to a Policy.
Adding Restrictions To Catalog Items
- Navigate to the Catalog section within the Addigy portal.
- Select the tab for the corresponding item you want to restrict (in this article, we will work with Custom Software).
- Select the item you'd like to restrict by clicking the edit button.
- Select Restrictions.
- The Policy Usage view will open. The checkbox to Restrict this item to only these policies should be checked. Now that restrictions are enabled, the item will be restricted for ALL policies.
- Select all the policies that you want to allow to use this item.
Note: If the item is currently in use in any of the policies, or added as an upcoming policy change, it will be necessary to remove all the uses of this item before restricting it.
- Owners are the only user roles that can restrict/allow catalog items for policies.
- If you allow a policy to access an item, the child policies of that policy will also be able to use the item.