Self Service is an application that runs on your devices and provides an essential link between you and your end-users. Self Service items can add immense value to your Policies in Addigy.
Self Service allows your end-users to install their own applications, request support, and get notifications for maintenance.
Additionally, the Self Service application is designed to be customizable with your own logos and organization details.
Self Service also provides the mechanism that Addigy uses to notify device users when things like Maintenance Tasks, Software, or System Upgrades will occur. All macOS machines enrolled in Addigy will have MacManage installed.
It is necessary to create a Self Service configuration to override the default Addigy Icon that may appear on notifications generated via Self Service.
Creating a new Self Service Configuration
Self Service Configurations may be applied to one or more Policies. Self Service Configurations are inherited by child Policies.
- In the navigation bar click Catalog
- Click Self Service
- Click New
Name the Configuration, set the Appearance of Self Service and Addigy Alerts, and choose if you wish to Enable Support Tickets
- Choose a name for your configuration. This is the name you will see under Policy -> Policy Name -> Self Service.
- Select if you wish to show the Self Service Icon in the Dock and/or In the Applications folder of your Mac OS users.
- You may customize the Icon that will appear in the Dock and in Addigy Alerts for Software Updates, Maintenance Items, and other cases. The default icon for Self Service is the following:
- Choose to display an icon in the menu bar. This icon will display the Addigy Icon unless overridden.
- Enable the Support Section of Self Service. This determines if the support and ticketing section of Self Service is visible within the application.
Note: If an Icon is not uploaded, the Addigy Icon will appear in the alerts on your user's Mac devices. We suggest you add your own icon to provide a look your users are familiar with. If you do not make Self Service available for your Mac Device Users by selecting Show Icon in Dock and/or Show Icon in Menu Bar, you should configure the Icon to something your users are familiar with and assign this configuration to the appropriate policies.
Customize the Info section of Self Service. We recommend adding your company's information and logo here if you are utilizing Self Service
- Add a Custom Logo. This logo will display when users click "Info" in Self Service. The custom logo will appear at the top of About area C.
Note: Dimensions are w 70-600px, h 70-115px.
- Choose if you wish to override the Info Panel screen values.
- The Company Name will appear at the top of the Self Service application and the Info section. Each of the other override fields also appears under the Info section.
Finish your Self Service Configuration by customizing messages macOS Device Users will see when prompted for the following items and approve your Configuration.
It is not necessary to customize the following prompts. If you choose not to edit them, the default message will appear.
- Once you are finished, select Save and Review. If this is a new configuration, the dialog will close and you will be returned to the list of Self Service Configurations. If you are editing an existing Self Service Configuration, you will advance to a screen to review your changes.
- Once you are sure of your changes, select Confirm Changes.
- Add the Self Service Configuration you created to each Policy where you wish to use it. Child Policies will inherit their Parent Policies Configuration.
Existing Self Service Configurations
Existing Self Service configurations can be edited, assigned & restricted to policies, cloned, and deleted.