In order to enable Auto task Ticketing for your Addigy Environment, you will need to create an API User.
Note: The screenshots and workflow presented in this article may be subject to change if Autotask changes some elements in their UI. If this becomes an outdated method, please let us know at https://support.addigy.com/
Creating an API User
- In Autotask, navigate to the menu bar by hovering over the menu button at the top left of the page. Then, hover over Admin and select Account Settings & Users tab.
- Expand the Resources/Users(HR) section and select Resources/Users.
- Hover over the New button and select New API User.
- Fill out the required fields.
- After you generate a Username and Password, copy down the output so it can be added to the Addigy integration.
API User Permissions
Now that our API user is created, we need to give that user the correct permissions in Autotask so that it can sync with Addigy devices. There are multiple levels of permissions for users in Autotask, and what permissions the Autotask API user needs can vary from situation to situation. Permissions can be granted in the Security section of Resources/Users(HR).
For Addigy, we at least require Edit Unprotected Data and View Unprotected Data so your devices in Addigy can correctly sync with Autotask. Without this, the device syncing in Addigy may fail.
Now that the API user is created and has its correct permissions, it’s time to paste in the previously copied user credentials.
Paste the Username into API Username (1), and paste the Password into the Key (2).
That’s all for creating the API user!
If you would like to continue with configuring Autotask, please see our article How To Enable the AutoTask Integration