Improvements in progress! We are redesigning the Smart Software form in several ways. Learn more and send comments
Whether you're new to Addigy, new to MDM, or not an experienced scripter, creating a Custom Software package can be tough at first. This how-to serves as your guide to install .pkg type files!
.pkg files are one of the more simple file types to deal with, and a great thing about them is that Addigy will automatically generate an installation script for them once you select the .pkg type file from the file manager.
Creating Custom Software
- Navigate to Catalog >> Software >> New.
- Name your Custom Software and add a version number.
- Navigate to File Manager by clicking Select File(s), and upload your .pkg file.
- Once uploaded, select that item to be added to the custom software item.
- Now that a file is selected, the auto-fill option can be used to create the Installation Script. This can be found under the Add installation script column; click Add.
- After selecting Add, an installation script will populate within the installation script box.
Note: An installation script is required. The script will perform the installation process after the files are downloaded to the device.
- Once you've verified that the installation script is there, you can add a condition script (optional in many cases) or go ahead and save your custom software item!
Condition Scripts (optional)
A Conditional Script can be added to your Custom Software definition. Condition scripts will be run before the installation script. A Condition script is NOT required, but can be a handy way to check for the necessary resources on the device you are installing your software on.
For more information on Condition Scripts, see our article Condition Scripts Explained
Note: If "Install on success" is checked, the Condition Script must exit with an exit code of 0 or the Installation Script will not be run.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.