Whether you're new to Addigy, new to MDM, or not an experienced scripter, creating a Custom Software package can be tough at first. This how-to serves as your guide to install .pkg type files!
.pkg files are one of the more simple file types to deal with, and a great thing about them is that Addigy will automatically generate an installation script for them once you select the .pkg type file from the file manager.
Creating Custom Software
- Navigate to Catalog >> Software >> New.
- Name your Custom Software and add a version number.
- Navigate to File Manager by clicking Select File(s), and upload your .pkg file.
- Once uploaded, select that item to be added to the custom software item.
- Now that a file is selected, the auto-fill option can be used to create the Installation Script. This can be found under the Add installation script column; click Add.
- After selecting Add, an installation script will populate within the installation script box.
Note: An installation script is required. The script will perform the installation process after the files are downloaded to the device.
- Once you've verified that the installation script is there, you can add a condition script (optional in many cases) or go ahead and save your custom software item!
Condition Scripts (optional)
A Conditional Script can be added to your Custom Software definition. Condition scripts will be run before the installation script. A Condition script is NOT required, but can be a handy way to check for the necessary resources on the device you are installing your software on.
For more information on Condition Scripts, see our article Condition Scripts Explained
Note: If "Install on success" is checked, the Condition Script must exit with an exit code of 0 or the Installation Script will not be run.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.