Google now supports the collection of user attributes with Addigy Identity. This feature fetches specific information from the Identity Providers user directory, such as Employee Department, Hire Date, Employee Type, etc. The data gets populated in your Addigy Organization as device facts after the end-user device has reported a successful sign-on was completed.
Check out the article Addigy Identity User Attributes Overview for more information.
- Addigy Identity integration is turned on and set up.
- You have already configured the policy-level Identity settings outlined in the Google setup guide.
- Have permission to enable the Google People API in Google Console. The steps are outlined below.
First Step, Enable People API in Google:
- In the Google Cloud console, go to APIs & services for your project.
Go to APIs & Services.
- On the Library page, type "People" in the search bar. The first search result that should appear is called "Google People API," select it and click enable.
- Here is an interactive demo outlining these steps.
Enable this feature in Addigy:
- You have to enable the "Collect User Attributes Data" setting found in the policy level settings on the "Identity" tab. Reference the picture below.
- After the end-user signs into a device successfully, the data will populate into your Addigy Organization.
How often does this data refresh?
Answer: After the end-user successfully signs in each time.
Why does this feature only work with Azure and Google?
Answer: We are working on Okta to support user attributes in the future. Since Azure and Google currently support the feature, we wanted to allow Addigy Users that use either of these Identity Providers to have the ability to use it as we work on increasing feature capabilities.
What should I do with these attributes now?
Answer: We highly recommend utilizing these User Attribute device facts to filter devices using flex policies automatically.
Does this new feature cost extra?
Answer: Nope, this feature does not come with an additional cost.
Where do I go to see these populated fields?
Answer: There are multiple ways to see this data. One way is by going to the devices page > Click on Columns > Search for "Identity." Then select the attributes you would like to see.
I don't have this feature enabled. Does Addigy still collect the user data?
Answer: No, user information is only collected if the "Collect User Attributes" setting is enabled.
Why do some of my device facts show N/A?
Answer: It could mean the end-user still needs to sign in successfully or that the field in the Identity Provider directory is blank. It could also mean the feature is not enabled or configured properly.
How do I make a feature request for User Attributes?