- Communication between the systems is FROM Addigy TO ConnectWise. ConnectWise does not send information to Addigy.
- In order for a ticket to be created, the "Create Support Ticket" option must be enabled on the Monitoring item. If this option is left unchecked, a ConnectWise ticket will not be created.
- Information from Addigy is only synced into ConnectWise when a device is added to a policy or when a ticket is created.
- If remediation is enabled, and if remediation resolves the issue, the alert and the associated ticket will be closed.
- If the alert is closed manually in Addigy, the associated ticket will be closed.
- If the ticket is manually closed within ConnectWise, the alert within Addigy will remain open. Addigy recommends closing the alert within Addigy first, which will then close the associated ticket.
Configuring the Integration
- Navigate to Account >> Integrations and click on the ConnectWise tile under Third Party Add-Ons.
- In a new tab, navigate and sign in to your ConnectWise manage portal.
- Navigate to System >> Members >> API Members. Select the Member ID of a member with an Admin role.
- Select the API Keys tab and click on the +. Once you add a description and click on the save icon, a pair of public and private keys will be generated for you.
- Return to the Addigy portal and enter your ConnectWise Company ID, Public Key, Private Key, and Account URL into the modal window fields.
- Click Get Configuration to continue setting up the integration.
Monitoring Service Board
- Select a Service Board. This will be the board for the tickets generated by Monitoring items.
- Select a Service Board Open Status. This will be the ticket status used when creating a ticket generated by a Monitoring item.
- Select a Service Board Closed Status. This will be the status used when closing a ticket generated by a Monitoring item.
Self Service Service Board
- Select a Self Service service board. This will be the board for the tickets generated by users through Addigy's Self Service App.
- Select a Self Service service board Open status. This will be the ticket status used when creating a ticket generated by users through Addigy Self Service App.
- Select a Self Service service board Closed status. This will be the status used when closing a ConnectWise ticket generated by users through Addigy Self Service App.
- Select the Configurations active status.
- Select the Configurations inactive status.
- If a device is added to a policy that is linked with a ConnectWise Company, a configuration will be created for that device in your ConnectWise account.
- If a configuration for that device with that company already exists, we will update the configuration with the Active Status you selected.
- If a device is removed from a policy that is linked with a ConnectWise account, we will update the configuration with the Inactive Status you selected.
- Select the default Configuration Type that will be used when creating configurations for your devices.
- (Optional) Add Conditional Configuration Types to manage any device configuration type special cases.
In order for Addigy to successfully link the devices to configurations in ConnectWise, the configuration type cannot have any required configuration questions.
Enabling the Configuration
Once you filled in all the fields, click on the switch on the top-right of the ConnectWise integration widget. If all the information you provided is correct, the integration will be enabled.
- Navigate to ConnectWise under Policies > [Policy Name] > Settings > Integrated Systems > ConnectWise Manage and click Get Companies.
- Set a company.
- Select devices and then click Sync Devices.
When you link a ConnectWise Company to a Policy, for every device within that policy a Configuration will be created in your ConnectWise account (or activated if it already exists).
The following fields for the configuration will be updated with the Addigy Device information:
- ConnectWise field = Addigy Field
- name = Device Name
- deviceIdentifier = agentid
- serialNumber = Serial Number
- macAddress = Ethernet MAC Address
- ipAddress = Local IP
- osType = OS Platform
- osInfo = System Version
- cpuSpeed = Processor Speed (GHz)
- ram = Total Memory (GB)
- lastLoginName = Current User
How the Integration Works
If a device is added to a policy that is linked with a ConnectWise Company, a Configuration will be created/activated for that device in your ConnectWise account.
If a device is removed from a policy that is linked with a ConnectWise Account, the Configuration created for that device in your ConnectWise account will be deactivated.
Tickets created by the device will be created within ConnectWise Platform and linked with the Configuration for that device.
Closing an alert will close the ticket associated with it in ConnectWise (if any).
Information from Addigy is only synced into ConnectWise when a device is added to a policy or when a ticket is created.
If you're having tickets appear in a CatchAll company, please review the following KB article that addresses this: ConnectWise API Roles Permissions Required for Integration with Addigy