- Communication between the systems is FROM Addigy TO ConnectWise. ConnectWise does not send information to Addigy.
- In order for a ticket to be created, the "Send ticket on alert" option must be enabled on the monitor item. If this option is left unchecked, a ConnectWise ticket will not be created.
- If remediation is enabled, and if remediation resolves the issue, the alert and the associated ticket will be closed.
- If the alert is closed manually in Addigy, the associated ticket will be closed.
- If the ticket is manually closed within ConnectWise, the alert within Addigy will remain open. Addigy recommends closing the alert within Addigy first, which will then close the associated ticket.
Configuring the Integration
Leave this page open as we navigate to the ConnectWise manage portal to get the Public Key and Private Key:
1. For the ConnectWise Company ID provide the same id that you use for the Company field when you sign-in into your ConnectWise Account.
2. To get the public & private key pair, navigate to System > Members > API Members. From here select one of the Admin Members.
Select the API Keys tab and click on the +. Once you add the description and click on the save icon, a pair of public and private keys will be generated for you.
4. Provide the URL for your ConnectWise account.5. Click on "Next" to fetch the rest of the configuration information from your ConnectWise account.
Monitoring Service Board6. Select the Monitoring service board. This will be the board for the tickets generated by monitoring items.7. Select the Monitoring service board Open status. This will be the ticket status used when creating a ticket generated by a monitoring item.8. Select the Monitoring service board Closed status. This will be the status used when closing a ConnectWise ticket generated by a monitoring item.
Self Service Service Board9. Select the Self Service service board. This will be the board for the tickets generated by users through Addigy Self Service App.10. Select the Self Service service board Open status. This will be the ticket status used when creating a ticket generated by users through Addigy Self Service App.11. Select the Self Service service board Closed status. This will be the status used when closing a ConnectWise ticket generated by users through Addigy Self Service App.
Configurations12. Select the Configurations active status.13. Select the Configurations inactive status.* When linking a ConnectWise Company to a Policy, for every device within that policy a Configuration will be created in your ConnectWise account.
* If a device is added to a policy that is linked with a ConnectWise Company, a Configuration will be created for that device in your ConnectWise account.
* If a configuration for that device with that company already exists, we will update the configuration with the Active Status you selected.
* If a device is removed from a policy that is linked with an ConnectWise Account, we will update the configuration with the Inactive Status you selected.
Configuration Types14. Select the default Configuration Type that will be used when creating configurations for your devices. 15. (Optional) Add conditional Configuration Types to manage any device configuration type special cases. * In order for Addigy to successfully link the devices to configurations in ConnectWise, the configuration type selected in step 6&7 can not have any required configuration questions.
16. Once you filled in all the fields, click on the switch on the top-right of the ConnectWise integration widget.If all the information you provided is correct, the integration will be enabled.
Select the Account, toggle the Device and then click Sync Selected Devices
ConnectWise field = Addigy Field
- name = Device Name
- deviceIdentifier = agentid
- serialNumber = Serial Number
- macAddress = Ethernet MAC Address
- ipAddress = Local IP
- osType = OS Platform
- osInfo = System Version
- cpuSpeed = Processor Speed (GHz)
- ram = Total Memory (GB)
- lastLoginName = Current User
How the Integration Works
- If a device is added to a policy that is linked with a ConnectWise Company, a Configuration will be created/activated for that device in your ConnectWise account.
- If a device is removed from a policy that is linked with an ConnectWise Account, the Configuration created for that device in your ConnectWise account will be deactivated.
- Tickets created by the device will be created within ConnectWise Platform and linked with the Configuration for that device.
- Closing an alert will close the ticket associated with it in ConnectWise (if any).
If you're having tickets appear in a CatchAll company, please review the following KB article that addresses this: ConnectWise API Roles Permissions Required for Integration with Addigy