If the need arises, macOS user passwords can be reset via GoLive.
Note: Performing a password reset (rather than a password change, where the current password is provided) will not update the login keychain and will break a user account's Secure Token, which is required for access to FileVault and other account functionality. This is a security feature mandated in macOS. Secure Tokens can be re-granted via terminal commands and via a password reset in Recovery Mode.
Resetting a Password via GoLive
- In GoLive, select the Users tab:
- Once the device users populate, select the Reset Password button:
- Enter the new password into the fields provided, and select continue:
- A modal window will appear to confirm the action:
- A notification will appear confirming the command was sent: