For an overview on Addigy's AutoTask integration, view our Knowledge Base article Overview: Autotask Integration
Enabling the AutoTask Integration
- Navigate to the Account >> Integrations section within the platform.
- Click on the Autotask tile.
- Provide an Autotask API Username. Details on the API User can be found in this Knowledge Base article from Datto: https://help.datto.com/s/article/KB360028410732
Note: The API User is not the same as the Admin user that's used to login to Autotask. You will need to create an API user to login to the Autotask Integration via Addigy. You can not utilize this integration with an Admin account.
We have an article on how to create an API user in Autotask for Addigy: How to create an API user in Autotask
- Provide the Autotask API User Key.
- Click on Get Configuration to fetch the rest of the configuration items from your Autotask account.
- Select a Material Code from the available values in your organization.
- Select the Ticket Queue from the available values in your organization.
- Once all the fields are completed, click on the Enabled switch to enable the integration.
The following Configuration Item Type and Configuration Category (new in API 1.6) will be created within your Autotask Account and will be associated with the User Defined Fields for the specific device type.
- Addigy_Device (default)
The following Product will be created within your Autotask Account:
- Addigy_Mac_Computer (default)
You may change the above values if you'd like custom naming conventions.
The option Use Device Name field as Reference Name in AutoTask will populate the device name in the Reference Name field in the Autotask configuration created.
With the provided API Username and Key we will fetch your Autotask Account Url.
If this process fails we will show you an error message letting you know that your credentials are not valid or do not have sufficient privileges.
- Navigate to the Policies section of the platform.
- Click on the Settings > Integrated Systems > Autotask section for the policy you want to sync.
- Search for the Autotask account you want to link by clicking Get Accounts.
- Select the account you want to Set.
- A Device Attachment Status section should appear showing the sync progress for the devices within the policy.
- If the sync process fails you can see the error by clicking on View under the Error column for the specific device.
- If any of the devices fail to be linked to the account, you can click on Retry Pending and the process would be re-tried for the unlinked devices.