GoLive is a feature within Addigy that allows for greater granularity when it comes to deploying policy items to a single device.
GoLive is accessed by clicking the Golive link on the Devices page next to the name of each device, or just by clicking the name of a device:
This article serves to provide an overview of what GoLive is and how to use it effectively.
What is Golive?
GoLive is a "hub" of sorts for each device. GoLive allows you to deploy specific catalog items and view some more specific details of a particular device.
I've never used it, what can I do in GoLive?
We're glad you asked! Within GoLive, here are some essential functions that you can do on a Per Device basis:
- View the Overview page, which displays all current Addigy device facts for a specific device.
- Use GoLive screenshots.
- View device stats such as memory and CPU usage.
- Deploy MDM configurations.
- View the installed profiles on a device.
- Deploy Public/Smart Software.
- Enable FileVault.
- Deploy System Updates for macOS devices.
- Deploy iOS updates
- View the users on a device.
- Use LiveTerminal/send commands.
- Run a speed test via the Networking tab.
- View tickets that users create via Self-Service.
- View port usage.
- Check alerts pertaining to that device.
- Deploy Apps and Books assets.